- 1 Russian bookmakers don't have high hopes for the World Cup
- 2 Bookmakers – in the ranking of the largest Russian companies
- 3 The tax authorities approved a plan of preventive measures in relation to gambling companies
- 4 Company «Russian hippodromes» increased the authorized capital by 4 billion rubles
- 5 «Star Bet» sued Sovcombank 440 thousand rubles
- 6 Streaming platforms and loot boxes will receive legal status in Russia h2> The Main Radio Frequency Center (GRFC), which is part of Roskomnadzor, has proposed introducing a number of measures to regulate and control the gaming market. The Department proposes to give legal status to loot boxes, streaming platforms, in-game currencies and donations. At the same time, it is proposed to add streaming and gaming services to the list of distributors of information on the Web, that is, to oblige them to store all data, including about users, and send it to government agencies. Specific regulatory measures have not yet been announced, but they are already being actively discussed both in Roskomnadzor and in other bodies. The key goal of the – control of financial flows and protection of minors from inappropriate content. In Russia they want to control bloggers who promote gambling content
- 7 The State Duma is preparing a project to create a national crypto exchange
- 8 Facebook tightens its gambling advertising policy
Russian bookmakers do not have high hopes for the World Cup, and four betting companies have made it to the list of the largest business representatives in Russia. The authorities want to take control of loot boxes, streaming platforms and bloggers who advertise gambling. At the same time, the State Duma is preparing legislative support for the launch of a national crypto exchange, and Facebook tightens the rules for advertising gambling on the platform. These and other news – in the Login Casino gambling industry digest November 19-25.
Russian bookmakers don't have high hopes for the World Cup
Representatives of the betting market shared their expectations from the World Cup. According to Dmitry Sergeev, Managing Partner of Pari, the activity of the players can be rather weak. The share of the football championship in the total stream of bets, according to his expectations, will be no more than 10%. This is because many European fans are boycotting the championship in Qatar, and there will be practically no Russians there at all. Mikhail Danshin, PR director at BetBoom, is confident that this year's tournament will be the weakest for the betting industry compared to previous championships. The bet in the bookmaker is placed on land-based clubs, in which various activities will be held during the championship period to attract bettors.
Bookmakers – in the ranking of the largest Russian companies
The RAEX-600 rating, which includes 600 largest Russian companies in terms of sales, was published by Kommersant. Among the top participants – four betting companies. The highest line among the representatives of the betting industry was taken by the “Liga Stavok”, being on the 269th step. The Fonbet bookmaker took the 285th position, the Parimatch bookmaker took the 421st place, and the BetBoom bookmaker took the 521st line. Also in the list of the largest companies in terms of sold products was JSC “State Sports Lotteries” – lottery operator, ranked 350th in the top.
The Federal Tax Service has developed and approved a plan, the task of which is – prevent possible damage to protected values by lottery and gambling companies. Values protected by law include those related to the life, health and legitimate interests of citizens and organizations. They also include the environment, cultural heritage, state security.
Key goals of the document:
- guarantee that gambling companies comply with the mandatory requirements of the law;
- creating a model for the socially responsible work of gambling operators;
- motivation of gambling companies to conduct business in good faith;
- creating conditions in which gambling companies cannot harm legally protected values.
To achieve its goals, the Federal Tax Service plans to conduct consultations, preventive visits and outreach. If necessary, companies will be warned about possible fines and other sanctions.
JSC “Russian hippodromes” increased the authorized capital by more than a third. If earlier the capital of the organization that unites domestic hippodromes reached 11.4 billion rubles, now its amount is 15.3 billion rubles. The company entered the market 11 years ago and is federally owned. One of the key areas of work of the “Russian Hippodromes” – creation of favorable conditions for the development of horse betting in the Russian Federation, as well as its integration into the international system of sweepstakes.
«Star Bet» sued Sovcombank 440 thousand rubles
The Star Bet company, which was previously the official legal entity of the BetBoom bookmaker, received a partial satisfaction of its claim against Sovcombank. In the statement of claim, the company demanded to recover 500 thousand rubles from the bank. The court ruled that the plaintiff's request was partially granted, but the details of the case, as well as the operative part of the decision, have not yet been published.