- 1 Russian gambling zones are in trouble due to politics
- 2 The Association of Bookmakers urged the market not to distract the state from more important matters
- 3 A grant was allocated in St. Petersburg to advertise the dangers of gambling h2> In the first reading, the Legislative Assembly of St. Petersburg adopted amendments to the law, which concerns the financing of advertising aimed at the prevention of gambling addiction. The project was submitted for consideration in August. The deputies supported the amendments to the law on city grants practically without objections and discussions. Now social advertising aimed at preventing gambling addiction will be funded by the regional authorities. The main argument given by the amendment lobbyists, – this is a high social significance of the fight against gambling. Poolbet sweepstakes turned out to be not what it claimed to be
- 4 Fonbet BC CEO – member of the Marketing Committee of the Russian Football Union
- 5 In the Russian Federation, they want to take on the regulation of gaming currencies
- 6 The European Union will no longer provide crypto services to Russians
Russian gambling zones are in a difficult position due to the political situation, and bookmakers are urged not to distract the state from more important matters in such a difficult period for the country. In St. Petersburg, grants will be issued for the release of advertising about the dangers of gambling, the CEO of the Fonbet betting company was accepted into the marketing committee of the RFU, and the Poolbet sweepstakes turned out to be not what they took him for. Will digital currencies be regulated in the Russian Federation, why are the authorities again slowing down the regulation of cryptocurrencies and mining, and how will the ban on European exchanges affect Russians' accounts in the crypt – read the Login Casino digest October 1-7.
Russian gambling zones are in trouble due to politics
Like many other business areas, gambling zones in Russia are experiencing difficulties in their work. Dmitry Anfinogenov, head of the Association of Entertainment Industry Operators (AIRIS), spoke about this. The political and economic situation has a negative impact on the casino industry: the number of guests and the duration of their visits are declining, the usual logistics schemes have been violated, the cost of accommodation and other services in gambling clusters has increased several times, calculations are complicated due to the freezing of SWIFT transfers. At the same time, the share of foreign guests in the clusters has dropped to almost zero, despite the fact that even during the covid period the number of foreign guests was about 30%.
Given the current realities, the Sochi gambling zone has switched to short-term planning, abandoning long-term calculations. It is noteworthy that against the background of the zones “Yantarnaya” and “Primorye”, in which there is an outflow of investors and a freezing of projects, “Krasnaya Polyana” feels a little more confident.
The Association of Bookmakers urged the market not to distract the state from more important matters
Darina Denisova, head of the association, addressed the representatives of the betting market and urged them to stop lobbying interests of secondary importance in a difficult time for the country. Denisova commented on the meeting at the Ministry of Sports with the participation of representatives of the betting industry, during which they discussed the spread of quick games, the lifting of the ban on the use of images of athletes in promo betting shops and problems with paying personal income tax. According to the head of the association, bookmakers do not need to force these issues now, since the government already has many important tasks in the face of a difficult situation in the country. At the same time, she recommends that bookmakers primarily focus on improving the quality of services provided and helping players.