- 1 Sports betting results for 2021
- 2 Affiliate platforms and developers refuse to cooperate with Russia and Belarus
- 3 "Sportloto" and “Russian Lotto” recognized as well-known
- 4 Zone “Primorye” replenished the treasury by 500 million rubles
- 5 Blocking Instagram and Facebook will hit the bookmakers
- 6 Casino in Siberia received a record profit
- 7 Russian esports may become a local phenomenon due to sanctions
- 8 The Russian government is afraid to recognize crypto as a means of payment
Financial results of bookmakers for 2021: not everyone managed to reach net profit, there are also unprofitable companies. Zone «Primorye» transferred 500 million rubles to the budget, and a casino in Siberia increased profits. At the same time, bookmakers are suffering from blocking social networks, and a well-known affiliate platform has refused to work with Russians and Belarusians. Disappointing esports news: the Russian esports industry is in danger of becoming a local phenomenon due to sanctions, and industry companies are leaving the market of Russia and Belarus. About these and other industry news – in the digest April 2-8 from Login Casino.
Sports betting results for 2021
We have already talked about the financial results of 2021 of the bookmakers Winline, BetBoom and Bet365. Information about the results of the work of other representatives of the legal betting market in Russia has also become known:
- «Baltbet» earned 54.96 million rubles of net profit. Last year, the bookmaker recorded a loss of 133.5 million rubles. The company paid income taxes to the budget in the amount of 2.08 million rubles – 76% less than a year earlier.
- Tennisi received 137.1 million rubles in net profit for the year. This is 109% more than in 2020. At the same time, the company increased budget contributions by 88.2%, paying 988,000 rubles to the treasury.
- At the end of 2021, Mostbet was left with a loss of 68.8 million rubles. In 2020, the bookmaker was also in the red by 189.4 million rubles. Revenue in 2021 decreased to 1.83 billion rubles – by 18.3% compared to the previous reporting period.
- Parimatch, which has recently been called Paribet, earned RUB 2.58 billion in net profit in 2021. This is almost 5.5 times more than in 2020, when net profit amounted to 467 million rubles.
- “Leon” in 2021 received 464 million rubles of net profit, in contrast to 2020, which she finished with a zero result. The amount of income tax paid amounted to 589 thousand rubles – 23.4% less than in 2020.
- GGbet received 131.88 million rubles of net profit in 2021. Despite the fact that the company ended 2020 with a loss of 283.1 million rubles. Despite the good performance and a fairly quick recovery after the crisis year, the bookmaker announced that it was leaving the Russian market and had already completed the exit procedure.
- Olimpbet showed a significant reduction in net profit. If in 2020 the figure was 227.3 million rubles, then in 2021 the company earned 13.62 million rubles. Accordingly, the profit tax for the year reached 4.05 million rubles.
- Pin-Up, which is now managed by the legal entity Ivanbet, earned 1.03 billion rubles in net profit in 2021. In 2020, the company showed losses in the amount of 14.12 million rubles. However, the launch of the bookmaker in 2020 took place in the last quarter, that is, the company managed to work on the market at that time for only three months.
The financial results of the companies are published on a public resource with open financial statements.
Affiliate platforms and developers refuse to cooperate with Russia and Belarus
Affiliates from Russia and Belarus will no longer be able to work with the Enlabs Partners platform. The platform announced the closure of affiliate accounts of all partners located in Russia and Belarus. Popular casinos and bookmakers are represented under Enlabs Partners, including the flagship brand Optibet, which is one of the best casinos in the Baltics. The decision was made by the parent company Entain. The leadership explained its actions by the current political situation in these countries.
Wargaming – also announced its withdrawal from the Russian and Belarusian markets. developer of the legendary computer game World of Tanks, World of Warships. The company transferred the gaming business in these countries to Lesta Studio, with which it is no longer connected in any way. The process of exiting the markets has already begun, now the owners are working on closing their largest office in Minsk, which employed more than 2 thousand people.
"Sportloto" and “Russian Lotto” recognized as well-known
Rospatent officially recognized the lottery brands “Sportloto” and “Russian Lotto” well-known trademarks. This category of brands includes trademarks that are widely known to consumers through active and ubiquitous use. Today, the list of well-known trademarks includes 243 items, including – Lukoil, Gazprom, Yandex etc.
Zone “Primorye” replenished the treasury by 500 million rubles
In 2021, budget revenues from the gambling cluster “Primorye” exceeded 500 million rubles. At the same time, the amount of deductions to the consolidated budget of the region reached 303.9 million rubles – this is 34% more than a year earlier. In this amount, the gambling business tax is 102 million rubles, and the rest of the deductions fall on property tax, corporate profits, personal income and transport tax.
Blocking Instagram and Facebook will hit the bookmakers
Marketing director of BC «Betbum» Petr Kipa said that Instagram and YouTube platforms have always been the main influence platforms in betting and an important part of digital marketing. Blocking these networks will seriously hit the industry. After all, even if Russian users continue to use Facebook and Instagram, they do it with the help of a VPN. This means that it is no longer possible to properly target them. So far, none of the domestic social networks has provided high-quality advertising tools as an alternative.
Casino in Siberia received a record profit
At the end of 2021, the Altai Palace casino, located in the gambling cluster of the Altai Territory, earned 329 million rubles in net profit. The institution managed to exceed the figures of the previous year by 3.8 times. At the same time, Altai Palace's sales revenue grew 1.8 times, and sales profit – 3 times. The company does not disclose the reasons for the positive results, however, experts say that they are associated with the rapid restoration of the establishment's work after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The organizer of esports competitions 4D Esports has withdrawn the exclusive rights to the Russian-language broadcast of the Dota Pro Circuit tournament from the RuHub platform. The large-scale tournament starts in South America on March 14 and will last until April 22. RuHub announced the acquisition of the rights to the Russian-language broadcast back in November 2021.
Russian esports may become a local phenomenon due to sanctions
Due to international sanctions and the withdrawal of leading industry companies and developers from the market, eSports in Russia may become a local phenomenon that exists exclusively within the country and cannot go beyond its borders. This was told by an independent expert Alexander Kuzmenko. This, according to him, will lead to the massive removal of Russian cybersportsmen from international competitions and the departure of specialized companies.
The Russian government is afraid to recognize crypto as a means of payment
< p style="text-align: justify;">The Central Bank has stated that the use of crypto as a means of payment will lead to the replacement of the ruble as the main currency in Russia. As a result, the shadow economy sector will expand and taxes will be significantly reduced. The regulator is sure that the integration of crypto into the financial system will encourage the creation and development of a parallel financial system that the state cannot control.
The government of the country is in solidarity with the opinion of the Central Bank. According to Mikhail Mishustin, the use of cryptocurrency as a means of payment in Russia should not be allowed. According to him, the amount of funds in cryptocurrency on the wallets of Russians exceeds tens of trillions of rubles, so the industry needs to be carefully regulated.